October 16-18, 2015
Westin Hotel, Bellevue, WA
Emerald City Opener Official Rules
Opens: April 1, 2015
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Submission: The first seven (7) pages of your manuscript in Microsoft Word versions 2007, 2010 or 2013 (.docx) or Rich Text Format (.rft) through the Emerald City Opener online submission form.
- All entries must be double-spaced with one-inch margins, in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Microsoft Word versions 2007, 2010 or 2013 (.docx) or Rich Text Format (.rft) only.
- Include the title of the entry and sequential page number in the manuscript header. DO NOT put your name on manuscript pages.
- Limit two (2) entries per person. Only one entry per category. For example you could enter one entry in the contemporary category and another in the historical category for a total of two submissions. Each entry must be submitted separately with accompanying payment.
- Entries that have been submitted in previous years and did not win, may be resubmitted provided the manuscripts have been re-titled and totally revised.
- Manuscripts must be unpublished in any format and unavailable for download or purchase to be entered during the contest period (April 1st to May 31st).
- Authors who have been unpublished in the last 5 years in the category they wish to enter may enter the ECO (i.e. if you are published in historical, you may enter any category except historical.)
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disqualification.
- If you prefer to pay via PayPal, choose either GSRWA member or Non-Member on the entry form. This will redirect you away from our site to Paypal to complete the payment process.
- If you prefer to pay by check, proceeds must be received no later than June 1, 2015.
Bellevue WA 98009-4083
After You Submit
You will receive an entry acceptance email confirmation for each entry when the Emerald City Opener Submission Form and payment have been received. If it doesn’t come through, check your “spam” folder.
If an entry is disqualified for any reason (such as it is clearly not romance fiction, does not fit the contest categories, is improperly formatted, etc.), the entry fee will not be returned to the contestant.
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to clarify the rules and answer any questions you may have. Enter your submission through our online form or view the judges’ Score Sheet here.