Frequently Asked Questions for the Passport to Romance Reader Event
1. What do you mean by “free” event?
Admission to the Passport to Romance is free. Everything the authors have at their table is also free.
*If you do see someone selling books, please let a member of the event staff know.
2. Okay, you just said it was free, but I see people selling raffle tickets.
Yes, raffle tickets will be available for purchase. Proceeds of the raffle go not only to put on the event, but also to the Domestic Abuse Women’s Network (DAWN). Last year, raffle contributions allowed us to donate $2500!
Raffle tickets are $1/each or 12 for $10. Cash only.
3. How do I get an awesome swag bag?
The first 100 attendees will get a special swag bag provided by author’s Gerri Russell and Shirley Penick.
4. Can I take a picture with the models?
Yes please! That’s what they are there for. Laugh, smile, take pictures, ask questions, the models are there for your entertainment. All we ask is you treat them gently.
5. Where can I get the latest updates about the event?
Right here on this website and on the Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/231194210559578/
1. Can I sell books at the event?
No. The Passport to Romance Reader Event is not a bookfair. The event is designed to give authors and readers the chance to connect on a personal level without the pressure of making a sale.
2. Can I bring my own cover model?
No. Cover models must be cleared, vetted and contracted through the Greater Seattle Romance Writers and the Emerald City Writer’s Conference for liability purposes. If you wish to apply to get a model cleared, please contact the Passport to Romance coordinator at email@example.com.
3. If I am a participating author, when am I allowed to start setting up?
5pm on Saturday.
4. What type of items should I bring for my table?
Whatever you want! Books, download codes, pens, chapter booklets, wine glasses. We can go on! Bring whatever you think will best represent your brand and keep your books in the reader’s mind once they go home.
5. I’m on the wait list for a table. When will I be notified?
If spots become available, authors will be notified in order they signed up. Final table assignments will be confirmed September 30th.